By Gerard Aihaud
Read or Download Adipose Tissue Protocols (Methods in Molecular Biology Vol 155) PDF
Best biology books
Pest and disorder administration maintains to problem the rural group. the increase in new pest and crop difficulties juxtaposed with public obstacle over pesticide use and extra stringent environmental rules creates the necessity for latest agricultural manufacturers to stick present with new applied sciences for generating caliber vegetation profitably.
Daryl S. Henderson and a crew of hands-on specialists supply time-tested directions for interpreting quite a lot of DNA fix techniques and mobile responses to DNA harm, together with nucleotide and base excision fix, DNA strand holiday fix, and mismatch fix. The equipment concentrate on eukaryotic version structures that experience made, or have the capability to make, vital contributions to our realizing of mobile responses to DNA harm with regards to mutagenesis, carcinogenesis, and the telephone cycle.
Hands-on specialists describe in step by step aspect the most important methodologies of latest peptide synthesis and illustrate their various purposes. The options provided comprise protocols for chemical ligation, the synthesis of cyclic and phosphotyrosine-containing peptides, lipoamino acid- and sugar-conjugated peptides, and peptide purification and analyses.
The 1st quantity of Evolutionary Bio/ogy used to be released 11 years in the past. on the grounds that that point 11 volumes and one complement have seemed. As acknowledged in past prefaces, we're carrying on with the point of interest of this sequence on serious studies, commentaries, unique papers, and controversies in evolu tionary biology.
- Statistical modeling and machine learning for molecular biology
- Current Protocols in Molecular Biology - Chapter 11 Immunology
- Biological Aging: Methods and Protocols
- The Biology of Alcoholism: Volume 6: The Pathogenesis of Alcoholism Psychosocial Factors
- Visualizing Human Biology
- Evolutionary Biology – Concepts, Biodiversity, Macroevolution and Genome Evolution
Additional resources for Adipose Tissue Protocols (Methods in Molecular Biology Vol 155)
33. Bartness, T. and Bamshad, M. (1998) Innervation of mammalian white adipose tissue: implications for the regulation of total body fat. Am. J. , 275, R1399–R1411. 34. Siiteri, P. K. (1987) Adipose tissue as a source of hormones. Am. J. Clin. Nutr. 45, 277–282. 35. Ailhaud, G. (1997) Secretory function of the adipocyte. J. Ann. Diabetol. Hôtel Dieu 125–129. 36. Weigle, D. S. (1997) Leptin and other secretory products of adipocytes modulate multiple physiological functions. Ann. Endocrinol. 58, 132–136.
34, 53–70. 49. Marette, A. , et al. (1997) Regional variations in adipose tissue insulin action and GLUT4 glucose transporter expression in severely obese premenopausal women. Diabetologia 40, 590–598. 50. , and Després, J. P. (1997) Regional differences in adipose tissue metabolism between sedentary and endurance-trained women. Am. J. Physiol. 273, E497–E506. 51. , Després, J. , (1993) Genetic and nongenetic determinants of regional fat distribution. Endocr. Rev. 14, 72–93. 52. , and Langin, D.
12, 207–233. 41. Prins, J. B. and O’Rahilly, S. (1997) Regulation of adipose cell number in man. Clin. Sci. 92, 2–11. 42. , and Casteilla, L. (1992) Occurrence of brown adipocytes in rat white adipose tissue: molecular and morphological characterization. J. Cell Sci. 103, 931–942. 43. , and Casteilla, L. (1996) Evidence for numerous brown adipocytes lacking functional β3-adrenoceptors in fat pads from nonhuman primates. J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab. 81, 368–375. 44. , and Vague, P. (1974) Various forms of obesity Triangle 13, 41–50.