What’s It All About?
The male enhancement pill marketplace is saturated.
With so many products, reviews and comparison sites, it can be rather overwhelming when you’re hunting for trustworthy information.
Luckily, with our honest and impartial breakdown of VigRX Plus, we’re here to help you not give you the hard sell.
What Is VigRX Plus?
VigRX Plus is an extremely popular male enhancement supplement. It’s made in the US and targeted at men suffering from erectile dysfunction.
Read on and take a look at what it has to offer. Only you can decide whether this natural supplement is something you would consider trying.
Before anything else, a brief snapshot of the advantages and disadvantages so you can see at a glance what it has to offer…
- Clinically tested on humans  unlike many other supplements so you can buy with more confidence
- Approved by Dr Steven Lamm, MD as seen on The View
- Can help with stronger erections thanks to ginkgo biloba 
- Contains Asian red ginseng which is believed to promote erectile function 
- Packed with aphrodisiacs to kickstart flagging libido
- Presence of bioperine boosts the effectiveness of other ingredients
- Discreet packaging and billing prevents any embarrassment
- 60-day money back guarantee so nothing to lose
- Like all dietary male enhancements, VigRX Plus is certainly not cheap
- Lack of detailed information on PE exercises even with the top package is slightly disappointing
- Only available online so restrictive if you’re not web-savvy
How Does VigRX Plus Work?
We’ll take a look now at some human clinical studies and you can draw your own conclusions based on the results…
1) Peer Reviewed Study #1 (Shah et al. – 2012)
Men 25-50 years of age seeking treatment for sexual dysfunction at the investigators’ outpatient clinics were invited to participate in this study.
The study subjects were men living in India of non-specific nationality.
Subjects were given VigRX Plus. They took 2 capsules per day for 12 weeks.
- Statistically significant increase of IIEF-EF domain scores over 12 weeks as compared to placebo
- The ability to penetrate the partner (Q3 IIEF) increased by 59%
- The ability to maintain an erection after penetration (Q4 IIEF) increased by 63%
- Notable rise in every domain of the IIEF indicates that VigRX Plus improved various aspects of sexual functioning in men
- By Day 84, the study resulted in a statistically significant increase of IIEF-A, IIEF-B and IIEF-Total scores as compared to placebo
After 12 weeks, this study demonstrated that VigRX Plus was statistically much better than the placebo in improving erectile dysfunction in subjects with ED.
It also suggested the ability to improve other aspects of sexual health including an uptake in…
- Sexual satisfaction
- Orgasmic function
The full report is readily available if you want to wade through all 57 pages of data. 
2) Peer Reviewed Study #2 (Raisi et al. – 2010)
Here, subjects were males of non-specified nationality in Iran.
Results of this study suggested that VigRX Plus had a generally positive effect.
It should be noted, though, there were inherent limitations of very low VigRX dosages, small numbers of subjects, short-term subject follow-up and associated weak statistics.
3) Non-Peer Reviewed Study #1 (Shah et al. – 2010)
Here, subjects were 75 men aged 25-50 in India with mild to moderate ED.
Those who used VigRX Plus for 12 weeks got better results than the placebo group in terms of improved erectile function.
IIEF stands for “International Index of Erectile Function.”
This is a scientific way to measure key performance indicators related to sexual performance.
IIEF observes the following:
- Erectile Function
- Sexual Desire
- Orgasmic Function
- Intercourse Satisfaction
- Overall Satisfaction
What Does IIEF Have To Do With VigRX Plus?
The 3 international human subject studies cited here suggest potential improvement in IIEF after using VigRX.
These studies were conducted in India and Iran. 2 were peer reviewed and the other was not. Studies published in reputable peer reviewed journals are looked upon more favorably.
Findings suggest that VigRX Plus may improve erectile dysfunction in men between ages 25-50.
Note: Differences between populations, such as diet and general health, might influence results with international studies.
Closing Word on These 3 Studies
Peer Reviewed Study #1 and Non-Peer Reviewed Study #1 may not have been conducted by different researchers, independently of each other, as required by applicable claim substantiation standards.
Remember that peer reviewed studies generally hold more weight but they are no absolute guarantee of quality.
With the science out of the way, how about the ingredients of VigRX Plus?
What’s In This Stuff?
Here are some of the key ingredients contained in VigRX Plus with a brief look at their properties…
- Panax Ginseng Root: Also known as Asian ginseng, this is a mainstay of traditional Chinese medicine. Asian ginseng can enhance your physical and sexual performance. 
- Ginkgo Biloba Leaf: For a strong and lasting erection, proper blood flow is crucial. Ginkgo biloba boosts vascular blood flow and helps to relax the corpus cavernosum tissue.  More vitality and better circulation gives you more get up and go in the bedroom
- Turnera Diffusa: Commonly known as damiana, turnera diffusa is a Latin American aphrodisiac. Although it has not been clinically tested on humans, damiana has been shown to enhance sexual recovery and performance when tested on rats. 
- Tribulus Terrestris Vine: If you’ve investigated a few male enhancement supps, you’ll know that Tribulus terrestris is a very common ingredient and with just cause. Numerous studies have shown it can act as a sexual enhancer . It also has a range of other health benefits including working on your immune system, blood cell production and bone marrow. 
- Erythroxylum Catuaba Bark: Infused from the bark of Brazilian trees, catuaba is a claimed aphrodisiac with antibacterial and antiviral properties.  It must be said that there is very slim hard evidence to back up the claims of increased libido
- Ptychopetalum Olacoides Bark: This bark, referred to as muira pauma, can help with libido and erection problems.  A French study showed that over half of men with erection issues benefited from taking this extract. 
- Epimedium Sagittatum Leaf: Epimedium or horny goat weed has been used for thousands of years to aid ailing libidos.  It has also been successfully used to treat erectile dysfunction. 
- Bioperine (Extract from Piper Nigrum Fruit): Rather than an ingredient with intrinsic benefits when it comes to performance in the bedroom, bioperine works to increase the effectiveness of other herbal supplements.  As the manufacturer states, “it makes supplements work better.”
Be aware that in the last few years, the FDA has discovered numerous “dietary supplements” containing drugs or other chemicals. These “extra ingredients” generally are not listed on the label, but could cause serious side effects or interact in dangerous ways with medicines or other supplements you may be taking.
How To Use It
For best results, take one pill twice each day washed down with plenty of water.
Wait between 9 and 12 hours between doses.
Try to stick to the same time so you establish a routine and don’t miss a dose.
Who Manufactures VigRX Plus?
VigRX Plus is manufactured in North America for a company called Leading Edge Marketing / Leading Edge Health based in Canada.
According to their business filing with the Better Business Bureau, they’ve been in business for 15 years.
Here’s their mailing address.
Leading Edge Marketing
100 – 645 Tyee Road
Victoria, BC V9A 6X5
To further bolster potential consumer confidence, they also have a positive rating with the BBB.
What happens if your pills don’t work?
Leading Edge has a pretty decent customer service department so you should get all the assistance you need.
How Much Does It Cost?
If you want to pick up some VigRX Plus from the manufacturer’s own website, you can choose from the following 7 packages…
Side Effects and Warnings
VigRX has not undergone Food and Drug Administration review for safety and effectiveness.
The statements contained herein have not been evaluated by the FDA.
VigRX is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Dietary supplements can be risky for people on certain medications or with certain medical conditions. Always check with your doctor first.
Always read labels and package inserts and follow product directions. But remember 2 things:
- Dietary supplement labels and ingredients are not evaluated by FDA before they are sold
- Some supplements do not list all ingredients on the label
Nothing stated herein is intended to express or imply a quick solution for a serious health problem.
These pills are strictly for adults only.
Where To Buy VigRX Plus Online
There are purchase links below to do so, but you’re under no obligation to buy this stuff.
If you think VigRX might be of some help, check out the official site below.
Thanks for stopping by and we appreciate your support.